The 2020 RNLI Myrtleville to Church
Bay 2km open
water sea swim will take place on Wednesday July 8th, 2020 at 7.00 pm.
Entries will open in March and will close at 14.00 on Tuesday, July 7th, 2020.
If for safety reasons July 8th has to be postponed, the back-up date is Thursday, July 9th, 2020 at 7.00 pm. If this date can not proceed, all entry fees will be donated to the RNLI. No refunds will be issued.
This is a challenging 2km swim in open water conditions from Myrtleville Beach to Church Bay, with majestic views of Roches Point lighthouse, the entrance to Cork Harbour and the odd cruise liner, oil tanker or navy vessel passing by.
All participants must be able to verify a minimum of one 1,500m open water swim in 2020. We strongly recommend you have done a longer distance – or several 1,500m swims. This is a fantastic, but challenging swim and not to be attempted without proper preparation. If you want to practice, come to Myrtleville any Monday night at 6pm (from Monday, March 30th, 2020 or Saturday mornings at 09.00 – all year round.
IF THE SECOND DATE DOES NOT PROCEED DUE TO SAFETY
ISSUES ALL FEES WILL BE PAID OVER TO THE RNLI AS A DONATION. A THIRD PLANNED DATE WILL NOT BE
IF NECESSARY TO POSTPONE DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES, ENTRY
FEES FOR THE FIRST DATE WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THE PLANNED BACK UP DATE ON JULY 9TH.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ENTRY FEES. CONSIDER THEM DONATIONS TO THE RNLI.