The 2019 RNLI Myrtleville to Church Bay 2km open water sea swim will take place on Thursday, June 20th, 2019 at 7.00 pm.
If for safety reasons June 20th has to be postponed, the back-up date is Thursday, July 4th, 2019 at 6.30 pm. If this date can not proceed, there will be no event in 2019 and all entry fees will be donated to the RNLI.
This is a challenging 2km swim in open water conditions from Myrtleville Beach to Church Bay, with majestic views of Roches Point lighthouse, the entrance to Cork Harbour and the odd cruise liner, oil tanker or navy vessel passing by.
All participants must be able to verify a minimum of one 1,500m open water swim in 2019. We strongly recommend you have done a longer distance – or several 1,500m swims. This is a fantastic, but challenging swim and not to be attempted without proper preparation. If you want to practice, come to Myrtleville any Monday night at 6pm (from Monday, April 1st, 2019) or Saturday mornings at 09.00 – all year round.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS OF ENTRY FEES. CONSIDER THEM DONATIONS TO THE RNLI.
IF NECESSARY TO POSTPONE DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES, ENTRY FEES FOR THE FIRST DATE WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO THE PLANNED BACK UP DATE ON JULY 4TH.
IF THE SECOND DATE DOES NOT PROCEED DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES ALL FEES WILL BE PAID OVER TO THE RNLI AS A DONATION. A THIRD PLANNED DATE WILL NOT BE ATTEMPTED.